The regional and national practices in creation of the Kyrgyz Republic water sector informational databases
National expert, Regional Intersectoral Working Group, Kyrgyzstan (email@example.com)
The main purpose of the article is to provide overview of “National Water Information System”implemented in Kyrgyzstan, the review and familiarization with available national databases of water sector in Kyrgyzstan, which were created jointly with the Scientific Information Center of Interstate Commission for Water Coordination (SIC ICWC). Presented information systems were established in accordance with the Agreement between Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan, using modern information technologies.The main objective of information systems is to improve the information support of the water and environmental sectors in Central Asian countries. The information system “CAREWIB”and the database “Chu-Talas”were constructed using the elements of integrated water resources management (IWRM).Download the article
For citation: Bulekbayeva, L. (2017) ‘The regional and national practices in creation of the Kyrgyz Republic water sector informational databases’, Central Asian Journal of Water Research, 3(1), pp. 13–16.
- Water Code of the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Agreement on Joint Actions For Overcoming the Consequences of the Aral Sea Crisis from February 18, 1992.
- The agreement on creation of common economic space between the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Uzbekistan from 30.04.1994.
- The Memorandum of Understanding between DWMM under MoAFIM of the KR and SIC ICWC from 2.07.2007.
- The agreement between Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan about creation and operation of national, basin and regional databases on joint use and conservation of water resources in Aral Sea basin.
- The deliberations from the 14th meeting of Coordinating Council of National Dialogue on Water Policy in the Kyrgyz Republic in field of integrated water resources management, from April, 2016.
CAREWIB, CAWater-Info, Central Asia (CA), Chu-Talas, Database, SIC ICWC, watersector