UNESCO Chair Holder of Water Management in Central Asia announces the Best Research Paper Award Published in the Central Asian Journal of Water Research
The goal of the Best Published Research Paper Awards is to acknowledge excellent research performed by the authors in the area of Water and Environment in Central Asia. It’s an ongoing effort to promote top-quality research by the Central Asian Journal of Water Research. The selected articles will be also presented on the CACIP Geoportal.
CAJWR is indexed in DOAJ, EBSCO, IndexCopernicus, Google Scholar, the Russian Science Index System (RINZ), Cite Factor, ROAD directory of open access scholarly resources, CrossRef, and Publons. CAJWR is included in the list of the recommended journals by the Ministry of Education and Science of Kazakhstan.
The submitted research articles must be in English, Central Asia –related with reference to one of the four thematic clusters:
- Climate and Environment (sustainable water management, hydrological cycle in Central Asia, mountain hydrology, climate impact assessment on water resources, application of remote sensing data in hydrology, hydrological forecasting, climate variability and change, groundwater resources and modeling, flood hazards and disaster risk reduction);
- Socio-Economics (natural resources management, environmental policy and economics, decision aiding systems, hydro-economic modeling, water-energy-food nexus, agricultural policy and rural development, stakeholder analysis);
- Water Law and governance (water law, water cooperation and diplomacy, policy analysis);
- Water infrastructure and management systems (industrial wastewater management, water quality, water treatment, urban water management, sewage sludge recycling, banks erosion, soil remediation, water infrastructure).
In selecting the winners, the editors take into consideration the quality of the paper meeting the following criteria:
- innovation and significance to the research community
- rigorous research questions and methods
- clear findings, results and outcomes
- the contribution to theory
The articles, containing analytical calculations/results using CACIP services (maps and layers on the Geoportal, third-party tools hosted on CACIP, as well as Climate Dashboard) will have an advantage upon selection. The process of using services must be recorded in the screen recording mode, i.e. creating a map on the Geoportal, or using the “Water Equivalent Snow Cover Map” tool. It should be noted how the use of these services helps to reach research findings and conclusions.
The selection committee is presented by the CAJWR Editorial Board members: Dr. Jenniver Sehring, a senior Lecturer in Water Diplomacy, Integrated Water Systems and Governance Department, IHE Delft Institute for Water Education, The Netherlands; Dr. Vassilis J. Inglezakis, Reader at the Chemical and Process Engineering Department, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK; Dr. Stefanos Xenarios, Associate Professor at the Graduate School of Public Policy, Nazarbayev University Astana, Kazakhstan; Dr. Abror Gafurov, GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences, Potsdam, Germany. The full information on the CAJWR Editorial Board is available at https://water-ca.org/editorial-board
The CAJWR research articles writing online course in Russian will be offered for the selected papers with no charge.
Only the papers meeting the journal requirements will be accepted for consideration. Guidelines for authors are available at https://water-ca.org/for-authors. For more information on the journal, see https://water-ca.org/. For any additional questions, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Best Paper Award is KZT 200000*
* includes taxes.
UNESCO Chair of Water Management in Central Asia with the members of the CAJWR Editorial Board will select the best papers received from the announcement date and till July 30th, 2022 and the winners will be announced in December 2022.